New to The Cardboard Box Diet? Click here. Welcome to Week 11! If you’ve been here before, you know the drill. To see previous weeks, click here. To participate, fill out our weekly survey, post it to your blog (including a button/link back to this blog/post), and link up via Mr. Linky (below). Comments are great too!
Week Eleven. Time flies when you’re having fun, right? (Insert crabby diet joke here.) Honestly though, some of you have been here since the start, and are still here, and that’s awesome. Some of you are just getting started, and that’s awesome too. We can do this, ladies. We have to keep reminding ourselves it’s not a quick fix. This is a long-term solution.
I look at it like this: What’s something that is going to work for me for the next fifty years? Because I certainly don’t want to continue on the path I was on before, slowly gaining weight every year, from now until then. But I also don’t want to spend the rest of my life turning down food that makes me happy in the name of a number or a size. Slowly and steadily making better choices, even if they are small, and gradually working more and more exercise into my life, is something that can realistically stick with me for a long time. I don’t want to crash and burn, I don’t want to plateau. Just a slow, steady, gradual move forward. I believe wholeheartedly that it’s possible.
- Weigh-in: Down about the same. I did have a little bit of a loss this week but I’m only blogging losses if they’re half pounds or more. Anything else I feel could be my scale being weird or my weight fluctuating or whatever. I am getting frustrated that I’m not seeing the scale move very much, but I’m also really liking the way my body is starting to look/feel. I feel slimmer and healthier. My clothes are fitting better. My legs are stronger. I have more energy. I consider all of these things to be wins, even if the numbers aren’t moving as quickly as I’d like.
- Exercise completed: Are you guys ready to be really proud of me? I made it to yoga on Saturday and Pilates on Tuesday! Plus my usual runs. My abs hurt so much but I’m proud of myself. That’s quite a few workouts for a girl who wasn’t working out at all less than 3 months ago!
- Splurge/Guilty Pleasure: A girl brought brownies to class Wednesday night, and I took one without even batting an eyelash. Something like 4 people tweeted about brownies Tuesday night, and I had wanted one so bad, so I considered it a sign.
- Success story: My workouts. I was up super late on Tuesday night, reading for class, but still got up and completed a three-mile run before work on Wednesday. Progress! Also, still doing well on resisting the fast food (usually). Once every couple of weeks is a lot better than a couple of times per week! Drinking more water. Eating lots of fruit.
- Recipes/photos: I don’t have a photo of my recipe because it was the least attractive meal ever. But it was also simple and delicious. Here goes:
-Make some quinoa. I used 1 cup dry quinoa, which makes about 3 cups prepared.
-Steam some broccoli, but leave some crunch to it. I used frozen, but use whatever works. I made a lot. Maybe 6 cups? Maybe more? I really like broccoli.
-Whisk honey and soy sauce (measurements depending on what you like) together. Marinate sliced chicken breasts in the mixture for a couple of minutes.
-Heat a couple of tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet. Cook chicken until slightly brown. While chicken is cooking, sprinkle with garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and salt & pepper.
-Whisk some more honey and soy sauce, combine with broccoli (also season with garlic, red pepper flakes, and salt & pepper).
-Combine everything for the best, most filling, healthiest “stir-fry” ever. Okay, maybe not ever, but it’s really good. And simple.
Link up below and grab a button (or link back here in your post). Leave a comment too, if that is your thing. Don’t forget the hashtag #cbdiet if you tweet or instagram so we can follow along! (And if you’re on MyFitnessPal, add me!)