New to The Cardboard Box Diet? Click here.
Welcome to Week 7 of The Cardboard Box Diet!
If you’ve been here before, you know the drill. To see previous weeks, click here. To participate, fill out our weekly survey, post it to your blog (including a button/link back to this blog/post), and link up via Mr. Linky (below). Comments are also great too!
Summer + travel + making good food choices do not mix. Am I right? I’m just going to leave it at that.
I feel like we are losing some momentum with the #cbdiet. STAY WITH ME, LADIES. Remember why we started! Don’t give up! If you need encouragement, reach out. Tweet or comment or even email. We’re all in this together. We can do it!
- Weigh-in: I’m down about 3-4 pounds from my starting weight, depending on when I weigh myself. At about half a pound a week, this is going to take a long time, but I’ve heard that slow weight loss is the best weight loss. Instead of dropping it all at once and gaining it right back (something I’ve done many times), I’m developing a long-term, realistic plan. I can live with that.
- Exercise completed: Three good runs. It’s definitely getting easier. Also, school starts on the 20th, and I’m going to take a peek at the new schedule for classes at the gym. Fingers crossed there are more options for yoga and/or Pilates classes.
- Splurge/Guilty Pleasure: There were quite a few splurges that went on this weekend during Sister River Trip 2012. I’m not going to list them all, but I will say that I was proud of myself for (mostly) stopping when I was full. Even when there was still pizza in the box or Pringles in the can.
- Success story: Michael signed me up for a 5K in a couple of weeks. I’m not thrilled to pieces about the actual event, but it will be good to have something to force me keep running, to prepare me so I don’t pass out on race day (which, despite training, might still happen — just saying).
- Recipes/photos: Molly left this note on the mirror on Sunday morning. I believe it speaks for itself.
Link up below and grab a button (or link back here in your post). Leave a comment too, if that is your thing. Don’t forget the hashtag #cbdiet if you tweet or instagram so we can follow along! (And if you’re on MyFitnessPal, add me!)