New to The Cardboard Box Diet? Click here.
And then I screw up and eat like, half a cake and a pizza and wine and omg I’ve already messed up so I might as well finish off that ice cream, right? It’s a vicious cycle.
Life is too short to not enjoy good food, but it’s also to short to not be healthy. BALANCE. Which is something I’ve never been great at, obviously.
- Weigh-in: I’m down about a pound and a half, but I fluctuate so much even in one day, that I’m not sure I’ve lost anything. I think I’m going to start weighing in on Wednesday mornings only, and not at all any other days. It’s just too hard to not focus on the number, and that’s not that this “diet” is about.
- Exercise completed: I did really well with exercise! I’ve been running every other day since last week. I even hit 3 miles during my last 2 runs, which is a huge accomplishment for me.
- Splurge/Guilty Pleasure: So many splurges this week. Seriously, I’m embarrassed to list everything, but I’ll hit the high points to punish myself (I kid, I kid). Big breakfast at a diner on Saturday, aforementioned Mexican food on Sunday night, I could not resist splitting a bag of Doritos with Michael the other day, and I didn’t actually have dinner on Wednesday night because I was invited to a “cocktails and cookies” night by a friend. Also, let’s not talk about July 4th. Holidays don’t count, right?
- Success story: Hitting three miles while running, and one time under 30 minutes. Now, I hit 3 miles because I grossly underestimated the distance around the track at the park and then accidentally ran 2.7 miles, so I pushed myself the rest of the way. BUT I did it. And I swear I almost cried — mostly from the pain, but I was pretty proud of myself. So I did it again Wednesday morning, and it felt okay. I’m getting there.
- Recipe(s): No real recipes, but here are some ideas for simple meals that are low-cal and delicious (the best combination):
Non-fat refried bean and cheese quesadilla on a low-carb tortilla with Greek yogurt, salsa, & a side salad: 551 calories
100-calorie English muffin with peanut butter & banana, blackberries & banana on the side, honey on everything, & coffee with Natural Bliss creamer: 552 calories
Scrambled eggs and grape tomatoes on whole-wheat, unbuttered toast; Greek yogurt with honey, bananas, & blackberries; OJ & coffee with Natural Bliss creamer: 789 calories (this was a post-run brunch, so I needed the calories)
100-calorie English muffin topped with marinara and cheese; strawberries & kiwi on the side: 403 calories
Low-carb whole-wheat tortillas with eggs & O’Brien potatoes (these are frozen and only 50 calories for 1 cup!) with Greek yogurt & salsa, plus coffee with Natural Bliss creamer (not pictured): 511 calories
I can’t wait to see how everyone else is doing! If you’re participating this week, please link up below via Mr. Linky + a button in your post + a comment. And don’t forget the hashtag #cbdiet if you tweet or instagram so we can all follow along!