5 Things on a Friday {round 27}

05.04.12
5 Things on a Friday {round 27}

// via {scissor variations}

1 >> I’m moving, again. If you missed the announcement, read yesterday’s post.

2 >> Thank you all for the positive comments on my upcoming move. I wish I could say that everyone IRL is being that positive. Unfortunately, some people still feel the need to be negative over things that have nothing to do with them. Case in point:

I was telling a friend about the move, and someone I don’t know who was standing nearby said “Ugh, Louisiana” and made this awful expression. I literally put my hand in front of her face and said “There’s no room for negativity in my life right now. My husband has been offered a great opportunity and we’re going to take it.” She retorted, “You could get a divorce!” To which I replied, “Obviously you haven’t seen my husband.” She didn’t say anything else after that.

3 >> You have TWO MORE DAYS to enter my contest for a free pair of designer glasses! You can enter once via blog and then once per day via Twitter. Read the post for official rules and info. I’m so excited to see who won! Y’all have left some really great comments and tweets.

4 >> I am obsessed with Special K Cinnamon Pecan cereal right now. I’ve been eating it for breakfast and dinner every day this week. It tastes like Cinnamon Toast Crunch. In fact, I think I’ll go eat some right now.

5 >> Last but not least, Pancho got a haircut this week. You may now faint from the cute:

Happy weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

11 Responses to “5 Things on a Friday {round 27}”

1. Amy says:

I can’t believe someone you didn’t know made that comment about Louisiana and then getting a divorce on top of it…what a tool!

Officially on the hunt for Special K Cinnamon Pecan cereal now.

Have a great weekend!

2. lauryn says:

HAH! I am cracking up over here about the exchange you had with that random person about Louisiana. Good for you for pushing that negativity away.

I think this move will be a wonderful adventure for you both!

Pancho is such a cutie. That face!

3. Julie says:

1. I love your pic for today’s post!
    2. What is wrong with Louisiana?! The story line for Steel Magnolias is placed in Louisiana!!! Come on! (Side note; did you know they are making another Steel Magnolia’s movie?! You cannot re-do that movie!!! What is that director thinking?!)
    3. I cannot get into cereal eating. I don’t know what it is, but I just don’t like it. I’ll have to try the Special K Cinnamon & Pecan and see if it changes me.
    5. I love pancho in his new do. I want one. (A dog that looks like the furry dragon creature thing from the Neverending Story that is.)

4. Marlena says:

People are gross. I believe there is a bit of truth in statements ending with, “just kidding!” Regardless, I am SO happy and excited for you BOTH! I think this is an amazing opportunity for the both of you and I’m excited to witness it, my friend.

5. Allison Blass says:

What the heck does moving to Louisiana have to do with getting a divorce? She thinks you’d get a divorce over living Louisiana? Wow… that person is an idiot!

6. Chelsea says:

Not only is Michael awesome but YOU are awesome. It doesn’t matter if you’re in the great state of Texas or in Wyoming, you’re going to rock it.

That said, COME BACK TO TEXAS WHEN HE’S DONE.

7. KT says:

Wait someone actually said that it would be better to divorce your husband than move to Louisiana with him? SERIOUSLY?

8. skye @ neathering our fest says:

I hope I didn’t say anything that could be seen as negative!! Louisiana is definitely different and I live in North Louisiana… South Louisiana is a whole different ball game from up here but the folks are nice and from what I hear the food is delicious. (I don’t eat seafood.. :( ) But you will enjoy it and if you need to find a church I can definitely hook you up there!!! :)

I don’t love Louisiana – that is a sure thing – but I would never divorce my husband over it. What a negative Nancy! Jeez!!

9. Mom says:

Why didn’t you tell her your dad is from Louisiana? Although I have to say, I wouldn’t want to live there either. :) But that’s a positive thing… it will bring you back to Texas! I’m going to miss you. Sobbing.

10. sarah says:

Ugh, haters will always hate. People will always bring other people down. But who cares about them?! It is your life and some passerby doesn’t have any say in what you do , where you go and how you act.

YOU’RE GOING TO LOUISIANA BABY!

MAN, can’t wait for the photos and recipes and shizzzz.

Moving is awesome. New house, new rooms, new air, new view.

11. Megan says:

Wow, some people can be really rude! A stranger suggesting you divorce your husband because you’re moving? Ridiculous. I’m glad you pushed her negativity away!

Also, I’ve never been to Louisiana, but I’ve heard they have great food! And it’s probably much closer to me! ;)