After being gone all week, I was glad to pull into the driveway of the little rent house last night & know I don’t have to go anywhere but local places for the next 3ish weeks. All this driving & being displaced has really started to take its toll on me. I feel a bit like a vagabond, & I’m ready for a normal routine. More than anything, I want (& desperately need) to settle in: to my new home, my new town, my new life. And that’s exactly what I plan to do.
How about some good things?
- Seeing tiny seedlings (are they called seedlings? sprouts?) of basil coming up in one of my Four Little Pots! And I only planted them last Sunday. Those little leaves are spunky, I tell you.
- Tan lines, faint as they may be.
- Lovely new friends.
- Plotting & planning bloggy things.
- Zac Brown Band.
- Having my husband and dogs in one place, with me.
- A late night Sonic run with Cio & a Skype date with Kayleigh.
- As a result of a tragedy, realizing how short life is & that every second counts, & holding tight to loved ones.
- Seeing how far I’ve come as a result of the work I’ve done in therapy.
- Setting goals for myself for becoming the woman I want to be, & then actually working to achieve them.
- My husband getting me a “wife pass” for the college gym, so I can get involved in yoga & spin classes.
- Phone calls with my sister, where we talk about anything from The Hills to husbands to upcoming weekend trips.
- Cold Shiner Bock.
- Weekends. Need I say more?
This weekend, I think I’ll do a whole lot of nothing, catch up on my sleep, go to the Farmers Market, sunbathe, write, & scheme up some summer recipes. What are your plans?