I’m enjoying this Disclosing of All Random Information Day once a week. Maybe I’ll make it a series? Let’s hope it has a longer life than my other series…es. I make no promises.
- Huge announcement: Michael has been ACCEPTED into grad school! This is huge. HUGE. He applied to 10 (!!!) & has only heard back from 1 so far, but that 1 was a yes so at least we know we are going! I’ll wait to tell you where until plans are a little firmer. Slash we hear back from the other schools because I’m kind of terrified of where this one is located.
- In relation to the previous announcement, we have a realtor coming to our house on Monday to tell us what we need to do to sell. We really need to sell by June or July. Hold me.
- Still working on the next installment of our love story. I had wanted to post it on the anniversary of the day we began dating (February 25th, 2007), but I need a little more time to work on it. Look for it sometime next week.
- I’m meeting with David tomorrow to talk about redesigning my blog & I’m pretty excited. Lots of ideas I can’t wait to discuss with him.
- My birthday is in 1 week. I’m turning the big 24. No one cares when you turn 24.
- Katherine turned 21 on Wednesday. Lots of people care when you turn 21. I am one of those people, so I’m throwing her a little party on Saturday night. Which reminds me, I have some water balloons & a piñata to buy. (I kid.)
- Michael & I are planning a romantic getaway sometime soon (his 31st birthday is on the 8th). I’ve booked the B&B, & he’s planning outings/meals, etc. I don’t know a lot about what he has up his sleeve but I do know there will be wineries involved. Wineries FTW!
- I gave my birthday wishlist to my mom (yes, I’m still doing that, because I’m 5 years old – in my defense, she asked for one, and I didn’t write it in crayon, I emailed it). She said, “I don’t know what half of this stuff is.” She calls me her Yuppie Daughter. I’m not really sure if I’m a yuppie* but I am a nerd. Is that the same thing? I guess only a nerd would ask for a larger SD card as a birthday gift.
And now, The Most Awkward Thing You’ve Ever Seen In Your Life.
*I just googled “yuppie,” and every definition I’ve seen defines it as something like: “a well-paid young middle-class professional who works in a city job and has a luxurious lifestyle.” Uh, I wouldn’t call my lifestyle luxurious, Mom. Maybe she means I’m a hipster? Indie? A creative spirit? WHAT AM I. Please solve for me & leave your answer in the comments. I won’t be able to sleep until you do.